22. June 2011 19:07
Update: The final version has arrived, changes are the same though!
Blogengine.Net 2.5 is coming is here, and it features a nice set of changes:
- Upgraded to .NET 4.0
- Multiple Blogs in Single Installation
- Razor Theme support (Razor theme included, "Garland-Revisited")
- Converted Admin pages to Razor (Dashboard, Extensions, Themes)
- Install Themes from the BlogEngine.NET Gallery while in the BlogEngine.NET control panel.
- New language resource files for Estonian and Polish, and other translations updated.
- Upgraded to jQuery 1.5.2.
- Upgraded to latest version of tinyMCE WYSIWYG editor, v126.96.36.199.
- Numerous fixes and improvements.
If you want to test-drive this new version, the release candidate can be downloaded here final version can be downloaded here.
Looks promising, so yesterday I downloaded the latest branch to get a little preview, and what did I see?
My very own Facebook thingy into action! It was a nice feeling to see it there, but I wished I could contribute more. See I've been working in my top secret underground lab to add Facebook comments to Blogengine.net, and while just hacking it in there is relatively easy to do, making it so that others can easily use the code for themselves is a second. Partially because Facebook's API is kind of...dodgy. In the way that it requires some XML namespaces added to the html tag, which is in the theme.
In the meantime I hope Facebook finds out a way of doing things that is both clean and html 5 compliant. To be continued...